Our tentative schedule for Saturday, August 5, 2017 is:
- 9:00-9:30 AM – Check in/Registration (breakfast and coffee available)
- 9:15 AM – Gathering music begins
- 9:30-10:40 AM – Gathering worship w/speakers
- 10:40-10:50 AM – Break
- 10:50-11:50 AM – Instrumental track (options below)
- 11:50 AM-12:35 PM – Lunch
- 12:35-1:45 PM – Coaching for Bands
- 1:45-1:55 PM – Break
- 1:55-2:55 PM – Conceptual track (options below)
- 2:55-3:05 PM – Break
- 3:05-3:30 PM – Wrap Up
Instrumental track options:
- Sound Tech
- Track Description: This track will provide participants with the basics of how to listen and create a good live audio mix. Participants will be prepped to mix the Coaching for Bands demonstration ensembles on the fly.
- Track Description: Participants in this track will cover aspects of individual singing, including technique, style, stage presence, and vocal health.
- Track Description: The opportunities and challenges of being a keyboardist or pianist in a worship band will be covered in this track.
- Acoustic/Electric Guitarist
- Track Description: This track will discuss the application of acoustic and electric guitars in a worship band. Effects, pedals, tone, solos, style, and other topics will be discussed.
- Bass Guitarist
- Track Description: This track will discuss the art of laying down the tonal and rhythmic foundation in a worship band. Style, tone, technique, groove, and basic theory will be covered.
- Track Description: This track will cover the many aspects of being the rhythmic center of the worship band.
- Worship Leaders
- Track Description: This track will cover the heart of worship leadership. Participants will look beyond music to the inner heart of what it means to truly worship.
- Winds, Strings, etc.
- Track Description: This track is for all the other instruments you might have adding flavor to your band: trumpet, saxophone, violin, dulcimer, or anything else that is outside the box!
Conceptual track options:
- 12 Steps to a Better Worship Band
- Track Description: 12 things YOU can do to improve your worship band. Led by Richard Birk.
- Ways to Get Your Congregation Singing
- Track Description: This track will provide practical ideas for teaching new songs, cueing entrances, and encouraging participation from your church’s worshipers. Led by Rebecca McDonald.
- 10 Ways to Use Video Technology in Worship
- Track Description: Video projection is widely used in worship spaces across the world today. Did you know you could do more than just put the lyrics of the songs on the screens? Participants will consider 10 different ways to harness the power of the projector and learn of many resources available for worship. Led by Dr. Clayton Faulkner.
- Running an Effective Rehearsal
- Track Description: You’ve been there – minutes away from the start of service on Sunday and the music is a mess, and your team is frustrated. Learn a variety of tips to help minimize stress and maximize effectiveness for rehearsals. Led by Michael Brady.